• This forum is for the discussion of portfolios, getting into the game industry, and Projects Daniel Cabuco has or is working on.
  • It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:19 am
DCabDesign

Hello people!

Here's a thread to introduce yourself. Give your name, a short introduction, and anything else you'd like to add. Who's your favorite LOK or TR Character? Do you have an interest in drawing or writing about the series (provide links).

Moderator: Daniel Cabuco

Hello people!

Postby thats-a-moray » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:08 am

I've been a fan of LoK since I was a kid. It was the series that got me into vampires and - by consequence - into writing. I had always loved creating stories in my head, but I never started writing them down until I developed an interest in vampires. Without LoK, I'm pretty sure my life would be on a different course.

I quit writing for a few years after high school due to depression but have recently started on it again. My first projects have been fanfiction, since that's where I find my inspiration these days. I fully intend to go back to my original writing at some point. You can read my fanfiction here and here, when I get around to uploading it.

My main project right now is Time Streamer, a post-Defiance novel. It's currently 50,000 words and will probably pass 100,000 by the time it's complete. I try to update once a week, Squiddy willing. I also update Drabbles of the Damned pretty much constantly.

I used to draw a lot. Not so much anymore, but I do have a little fanart. Here's one of Raziel after absorbing Edward Cullen's soul: he is not pleased with the result.

I also once made The Pillars of Nosgoth in Minecraft. If I ever finish the Sanctuary of the Clans I was working on, I guess I'll post that, too.

Raziel is my favorite character by a long shot. Kain and Vorador are fighting for second place. Most of my stories are told from Raziel's perspective, although I do occasionally dive into other character's heads. I love exploring Raziel's "daddy issues" with Kain as well as his relationships with his brothers, so expect to see these themes explored in most of my stories.

No, I don't write slash... unless I decide to write slash. If I did it would probably be something insane like Moebius/Mortanius just to piss off all the Kain/Raziel fangirls. You don't want me to write slash.

What else... I'm currently in college as an English major. My other favorite games include Psychonauts, Shadow of the Colossus, Bioshock, Half-Life, Portal, Skyrim, Silent Hill, Amnesia, and probably some others, too. My favorite band is The Mountain Goats, but I also like Social Distortion, Franz Ferdinand, Cake, Caravan Palace, Bobby Darin, John Lennon, Queen, Florence and the Machine, The Clash, ACDC, and... just about anything, really. I'm not picky when it comes to music. My two favorite people in gaming are Amy Henning (I haven't played Uncharted but I want to) and Tim Schafer. My favorite writers are Kurt Vonnegut, Isaac Asimov, Kurt Vonnegut, Neil Gaiman, Kurt Vonnegut, and Kurt Vonnegut.

Well I feel this has dragged on long enough. What's up?
"If this was real, this could be his last chance. This time the Soul Reaver did not seem intent on stealing his soul. Kain, however, might have other ideas."
Legacy of Kain: Time Streamer
A Post-Defiance Novel by thats-a-moray
thats-a-moray

Re: Hello people!

Postby Daniel Cabuco » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:13 am

Welcome! Wow I'm always humbled and happy to hear that Soul Reaver influenced people's lives in a positive way. Your sparkling Raziel is hilarious (Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw it)

You have fine tastes, and I can't wait to read your work.

Take a look around, and feel free to ask any questions that come to mind!

Daniel
Daniel Cabuco

Re: Hello people!

Postby thats-a-moray » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, Mr. Cabuco! :)
"If this was real, this could be his last chance. This time the Soul Reaver did not seem intent on stealing his soul. Kain, however, might have other ideas."
Legacy of Kain: Time Streamer
A Post-Defiance Novel by thats-a-moray
thats-a-moray

Return to Introductions and Hellos