• This forum is for the discussion of portfolios, getting into the game industry, and Projects Daniel Cabuco has or is working on.
  • It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:49 am
DCabDesign

The Vampires Of LOK

I'll answer as best I can. I can illuminate the past, my friends.

Moderator: Daniel Cabuco

Forum rules
SR or LOK related questions only, please. And please keep it respectful. All are welcome to give opinions and thoughts.

Re: The Vampires Of LOK

Postby Tim Controls Me » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Yeah, do they freshen up using that powder olympic gymnasts put on their hands before they compete in the uneven bars? (The melchiah bunch probably just stinks.)
Tim Controls Me

Postby Daniel Cabuco » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi guys,

well that was one of 'those' details that we glossed over since it wasn't necessary for the game. I always thought they could use oils and other things of that nature. Or heck, maybe Vampires in Nosgoth don't get dirty or smell bad. I mean.. can you imagine what Melchiah smelled like? Good thing he didn't have a nose at the end. :P
But your ideas are good ones too..powders, oils, or small amounts of water for the masochistic vamps.
Have you ever thought about this: imagine you have a servant who heals from just about anything. You could smack him around pretty badly and he'd be just fine the next day or so. I think you could end up being pretty abusive to him.. it's kind of the relationship I think could develop for the crueler clan leaders.
Daniel Cabuco

Postby majinkura » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:08 am

speaking of cruel clan leaders...

Daniel could you rank them from lt to kain/or vice versa in terms of cruelty towards their human slaves?

who would be the most humane of them all? (if thats even a possibility)
majinkura

Postby Azura Soul Reaver » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:20 am

I too was wondering about that! Could you also tell us about the clan lords relationships with eachother and their clans too? Also more of their personalities if possible. Thanks!
Azura Soul Reaver

Postby Sevinkei » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:08 pm

My thought on vampires "bathing" had always led me to consider the use of oils/scraping like in Ancient Rome... the Romans tended not to use soap and water, but instead would rub themselves down with oil and then use a "strigil" (sort of like a curved knife, maybe, but without a sharp edge? I can't think of a way to describe it!) to scrape off the oil along with any dirt, sweat etc... and then they'd go ahead and hop into their communal baths, presumably as clean as they needed to be to soak in the same water as a bunch of other people!

It's a fairly effective method of cleaning in the end, and since there's no water involved it always seemed to me like a fairly reasonable idea for vampires with water allergies. =)
Sevinkei

Postby Daniel Cabuco » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:52 am

In order of cruelty to their slaves/food? Hmm.. to me that seems like (most cruel to least):

Melchiah - would cut off parts and flay skin as needed.
Zephon - would use them as food for pupating Zephonhim
Rahab - would probably hang them upside down over the water as sport
Dumah - Would pit his clan against them in gladiatorial combat
Turel - would set them free in a maze for hunting
Raziel - would use them as experiments for magic
Kain - would tie them to the wall for mass feeding

What do you all think? How would you rank them? :)
Daniel Cabuco

Postby majinkura » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:50 am

I would rank them like this..(I'm going by according to their dialogue in the games - most cruel to less):

Zephon: he just seems really nasty to me....in a utterly mean and cruelest way possible.
Dumah: he seems brutal and beastly...and would treat his slaves/food source the same way.
Melchiah: the same thing you put Daniel as far as slaves/food goes lol! but for some reason i dont think personality wise he'd be as cruel as you'd think...
Turel: i see him strict and serious,so i wouldn't say heartless lv of cruelty,but no picnic either.
Kain: he's a heartless dude we all know and love..so theres no objection that he'd treat his food source any different from what we've seen so far.
Rahab: I picture him as the one with finesse and seems to me to love and appreciate all things artistic/beautiful so i think he's treat his slaves/food source with some respect and niceness.

last but not least Raziel - I believe him to have the highest level of niceness to his slaves/food as possible with his kind...sure he was a jerk in human form and im sure it translated well over into his vampiric form so there is some cruelty to be involved..i dunno it just seems to me like he'd be the type of guy to give someone a chance/or second chance if need be.

or maybe my hopes are insanely high on these guys lol!

EDIT: when i say niceness,i mean at a deceptive level...then go in for the kill XD
Last edited by majinkura on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
majinkura

Postby Azura Soul Reaver » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Daniel, I do still find Raziel's dark gift or a part of it anyway is magical affinity as you don't really see it as much ingame and he seems to not sorcerors much (though this could just be because of Moebius). I guess you do see a bit of it in Soul Reaver with the glyphs but not as much in the other games. I can see why but it would just be strange that because he is no longer a vampire that he can't do any of the spells that he could do previously or just chooses not to. Turel seemed to me that he would be mage-like brother though with his use of telekinesis in Defiance. I was also wondering if you you put up concept art on Raziel's vampire and human appearances? Thanks!
Azura Soul Reaver

Postby Azura Soul Reaver » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Daniel, I was wondering if you could tell us more on Kain's relationships with his sons and the brethren to eachother. Thanks!
Azura Soul Reaver

Postby Daniel Cabuco » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:49 am

Azura Soul Reaver wrote:Daniel, I do still find Raziel's dark gift or a part of it anyway is magical affinity as you don't really see it as much ingame and he seems to not sorcerors much (though this could just be because of Moebius). I guess you do see a bit of it in Soul Reaver with the glyphs but not as much in the other games. I can see why but it would just be strange that because he is no longer a vampire that he can't do any of the spells that he could do previously or just chooses not to. Turel seemed to me that he would be mage-like brother though with his use of telekinesis in Defiance. I was also wondering if you you put up concept art on Raziel's vampire and human appearances? Thanks!

Well as you said, it's more about affinity as opposed to casting spells. Their nature is to have at-will powers that are magical in nature (mind control, charm, pain, etc.) Raziel demonstrated the ability with glyphs, but also with his natural mastery over magical abilities and ability to absorb them as well as the soul of his bretheren. If you take each of Kain's abilities, and split them among the bretheren as a speciality, it makes more sense. I'm working on the Dumah painting now, but will post the Raziel stuff later on. Also been busy getting Lost Planet 3 out the door. :)
Daniel Cabuco

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Daniel Cabuco a Legacy of Kain related Question