• This forum is for the discussion of portfolios, getting into the game industry, and Projects Daniel Cabuco has or is working on.
  • It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:34 am
DCabDesign

Vampire's attire in Nosgoth

I'll answer as best I can. I can illuminate the past, my friends.

Moderator: Daniel Cabuco

Forum rules
SR or LOK related questions only, please. And please keep it respectful. All are welcome to give opinions and thoughts.

Re: Vampire's attire in Nosgoth

Postby Jake Pawloski » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Holy cut content Batman! That would have kicked ass. :( Man.
Jake Pawloski

Postby majinkura » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 am

i have yet another ?
the left shoulder guard that holds the lt's tabard with their symbols..does the guard also have the same symbol on it as well??
(i ask because i think i can see it on the lt raziel design.)

also what is the little straps against raziels chest that go on the right side for?
majinkura

Postby Daniel Cabuco » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 am

That shoulder guard is it's own design, not the Vampire Symbol.
Daniel Cabuco

Postby Lexy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Awesome topic. I love finding things out about the 'culture' behind the vampires that isn't explicitly stated in the games anywhere, but when you hear it it makes perfect sense. Since thinking about drawing a few things from SR for fun, I feel like I'm going back over the process in a sense, but I don't know everything behind the designs so it's a bit like new discovery for me. The idea of vanity I think came to my mind when I played SR the first time, but the idea of them fixing armour and other things into the skin is great! To a vampire it wouldn't be any worse than getting a piercing I guess, particularly to the higher-ranking ones who are 'stronger'?

Also really interesting to read about the design of the clothing and where their influence might have come from. There's some concept art somewhere that made me think for a moment that the vampires attire is half-medieval and half-futuristic or looks almost biomechanical or like something you'd expect in a space opera. Neato. XD
Lexy

Postby Strands of Night » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Back to the hands and feet quick...

I never once noticed in all th imes I've watched the SR1 opening did I notice Raz had his boots bolted on. Or even that they were actually boots, for that matter! I always thought that they were shin/ankle guards, and the feet were bare.

I always thought that (or compared) evolved vampire feet and fingers were made of (a pliable and super hard) keratin, like an animals hooves or horns.

So where does the flesh end, and the "claws" begin? Kain can stab his fingers into a rock wall to climb it, afterall.
Strands of Night

Postby majinkura » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:53 am

I asked a the same? in the eidos boards...maybe i should migrate my questions here too.(if Daniel doesnt mind of course.)
majinkura

Postby Daniel Cabuco » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:48 am

This is something we had to figure out based solely on Vorador's appearance in BO for what 'elder Vampires' would look like. Imagine the fingers on your hand fusing together, and the nails falling off. Now imagine the tips of your fingers sharpening and hardening, nearly fusing with the skin at the tip. That's the sort of deadly natural weapon we designed for the vampires. It's pliable and very tough, but you could punch a bolt into it, esp with vampire strength. Make sense? It gets softer at the base of the fingers, and goes up the arm.
Daniel Cabuco

Postby majinkura » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:27 pm

got another ? pertaining to the character designs again...

what was the point of kain and the lt's wearing gloves,and wouldn't that affect their ability to use they claws properly,or would the gloves just tear from use?
majinkura

Previous

Return to Ask Daniel Cabuco a Legacy of Kain related Question