• This forum is for the discussion of portfolios, getting into the game industry, and Projects Daniel Cabuco has or is working on.
  • It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:21 pm
DCabDesign

Shifter

I'll answer as best I can. I can illuminate the past, my friends.

Moderator: Daniel Cabuco

Forum rules
SR or LOK related questions only, please. And please keep it respectful. All are welcome to give opinions and thoughts.

Shifter

Postby Divine Shadow » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Daniel, Arnold Ayala's concept work for "Shifter" certainly got us thinking and does leave a lot of unanswered questions. At the moment, the fantastic Legacy of Kain wiki only understands the original characters as The Shifter and The Master.

I have a few questions (yet again!) if that's okay. If there is anything you can't answer, no worries:

(1) Can you give us any background on Shifter's transition into Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver? Was Shifter at a concept stage, or was the game being built when it was integrated into the wider Legacy of Kain lore? Was there a revelatory moment in which it occurred that Shifter would be a fantastic sequel to Blood Omen?

(2) Do you recall any substantial plot differences between Shifter and Soul Reaver? The characters' original names for example, or their species - were they always intended to be vampires? Were environments such as the Silenced Cathedral or Drowned Abbey (and other areas) originally part of the Shifter lore before being brought into Nosgoth?

(3) Are you allowed to discuss what happened with Silicon Knights and Shifter/Soul Reaver? We have so little information regarding this, its literally been a case of trying to assemble an idea of what happened based on Dyack's offhand statements. If this isn't something you can discuss, then no problem.

Thanks for this (and your answers so far)!
Divine Shadow

Re: Shifter

Postby Daniel Cabuco » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:28 am

Sorry, due to a legal settlement, I'm not at liberty to comment on this forum about details on Shifter or LOK. I wouldn't look too deep into Shifter, there really isn't as much there as you think.
Meet me at a bar sometime and I may tell you more someday.
Daniel Cabuco

Re: Shifter

Postby Divine Shadow » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:24 am

I understand Daniel. Thanks for addressing the question nonetheless!
Divine Shadow

Return to Ask Daniel Cabuco a Legacy of Kain related Question